Thursday, May 30, 2013

Off Topic Friday!



I thought it'd be nice once a week to just set aside all the strenuous focus on what God is or isn't doing in my life right now and just enjoy the day for what it is. Sometimes, I can get so caught up in what painful experiences I've been through, going through or waiting on Gods many promises. 

So, today Im just going to rant on about the small things in life. I woke up this morning and it was pouring with rain. I figured it'd stop soon enough but it's one of those days where it just won't seem to give up. It's days like today that I'm so glad that I'm a stay at home wife where I can stay curled up in bed, under my blankets and stare out the window watching the rain fall, seeing the grass getting greener before my very own eyes, leaves falling, branches swaying in the wind, the sky is so dark and gloomy and not a person insight. I can hear the sound of the rain on the roof. It's very therapeutic! Now all I need is an espresso coffee in hand along with a good book (dreaming much) and this would make for a wonderful day. So winter is here and I was thinking, what things do you like to do in winter? Me personally, I'm not a fan of winter and its cold ways but I try to do my best to be content during these months. Besides watching movies or going to the movies, reading, staying in, eating warms foods at home or at a restaurant, dressing in numerous layers, sitting by the fire, drinking warm tea/coffee/cacao and catching up with friends/family what else is there? I don't know but either way those things sound pretty darn good to me!




















It's truly amazing that God is present in all seasons of our lives. The fact that we can find peace even in the midst of a storm or joy in the midst of turmoil. God is always present, just as he is for me today as I enjoy the shelter and warmth he provided me with whilst being in oar of his many creations.

Hope you are all staying safe and warm today! 


God Bless!


Stopping to see the beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment