Thursday, June 6, 2013

Blessings come from our sufferings...


As I was listening to the song "Blessings" by Evin Amiri, Ft Onitsha the lyrics ran deep inside of me and resonated in my heart. Tears began to well up in my eyes and the tears began to roll down my face. See lyrics below:


"We pray for blessing, we pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep.
We pray for healing, prosperity.
We pray for your mighty hand to ease our suffering.

All the while, you hear each spoken need, your love is way too much to give us lesser things.

Cos what if your blessings come through raindrops,
What if your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights is what it takes to know you're near.
What if trials of this life are you mercies in disguise.

We pray for wisdom, your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel you near.
We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love.
As if every promise from your word is not enough.

And though, the while you hear each desparate plea,
And long that we have faith to believe.

Cos what if your blessings come through rain drops,
What if your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights is what it takes to know you're near.
What if trials of this life are you mercies in disguise.

When friends betray us, when darkness seems to win, 
We know, the pain reminds us, this is not, this is not our home.
This is not our home.......

what if your blessings come through rain drops,
What if your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights is what it takes to know you're near.

What if my greatest disappointments, or the aching of this life,
Is the revealing of a great thirst this world can't satisfy?

What if trials of this life, the rain, the storms, the hardest nights; are your mercies in disguise?

Thank you for your blessings!"

The message in this song is so heart wrenching. When we realise that this life is only temporary and that the pain and disappointments we endure whilst here are only for a short time, we will begin to look beyond our struggles and search for God. It's difficult to see my struggles as blessings but what if I truly can get a revelation of this? What if it's true that blessings come through raindrops and healing comes through tears... If that's the case then I'm on the road to recovery. Either way, it's a poetic twist on what tears usually mean. We know as Christians that God bottles up every tear we have ever shed and that Jesus cries with us but sometimes it's easy to lose sight of that when we can't sense his presence  I know personally that I struggle with this at times. He can seem so distant but in reality, he never leaves our side. It's important to remember that this place is not our real "home", it's very temporary when you begin to have an eternal perspective. To us mere humans we think living 80+ years is a long time because we view it from our circumstances but to God who is timeless, 80+ years is a blink of an eye. I know its hard to fathom such a thing but that's why we have grace for each and every moment. 

I'm going to work on having this sort of perspective as if my tears are leading me closer and closer to healing and that the sufferings I go through are building a stronger, more reliable faith within me because if I choose to see it any other way it could be a rough ride for the remainder of my years. I have to look forward to my life in heaven, reunited with the Heavenly Daddy. I have to look forward to the new earth he will eventually create and just pray that in that next life I will have the perfect, sinless life where people say what they mean and do what they say. Until then, I will worship God through the good and the bad and just pray for peace in this lifetime. 

May God Bless you all in abundance and I pray for each and every one of you that you keep hope alive because without it, it's a very lonely world. Keep your eyes set on Christ and remember, this life is just for a short time. Our true promises we have to look forward too.


Blessings From Above!



No comments:

Post a Comment