Thursday, June 6, 2013

What would you do with a do over?


My husband and I are going through and have gone through a lot of trials in our marriage and we had both gone through struggles before marriage. Like most of you, this life hasn't been a walk in the park. Most of you realise that life's struggles catch up with you at some point or another. If your life is pretty amazing at the moment, truly thank God for his blessings upon you. Pray for wisdom and strength to help you endure the future struggles that will at some stage come your way. If you are currently in the valley of the shadow of death where things seem so hopeless, thank God for the stretching of your faith and stay hopeful knowing that it can't last forever!

There are times my husband and I talk about the life we are looking forward to in heaven and being hopeful that we will still be really close friends up there. You see, life here has been such a strain on both of us and we are just looking forward to the eternal life of joy. We joke around about when God creates the new world that we'd get a proper do over on our marriage free from the reminders of the tainted, hurtful past we are having to overcome and just being like innocent, sinless children who have nothing but love for one another is what we would desire. 

As we all know, God gives us many opportunities in this life to put things the way they are meant to be. Only problem is I can never forget the devastations of this life until I leave it so that is why I speak of a literal do over. You see, my heart will always choose my husband, in this life and in the next. My only problem is that in this life I cannot seem to let go of the wrongs done to me. Now, I understand forgiveness and I have to practise it daily but no matter what, some things just cannot be undone. Life is not how I saw it going for my husband and I but I guess it's important to remember that this life is not my own.

So anyway, this hypothetical scenario is the acknowledgement of my little girl dreams. It is where I get to hold my hope because hope for this life I currently live in  has been lost. Maybe and prayerfully it's only temporarily but either way it isn't what it once was and God only has the answer to my problems now and until forever. I know in my heart of hearts that God wants me to carry joy wherever I go but I'm afraid that light that use to burn so bright inside of me is now a little flame. Not completely blown out but it's on it's way out but it's in Gods safe hands. The next move belongs to him...

Wouldn't life be nice if we could have a literal do over in this lifetime? I know I'd be the first to jump at it but instead I just have to do the best with what I've got. I know that my life and marriage is in God's hands and that he will turn all our hurts and pains into something beautiful because God will not let us go through these struggles without having something more beautiful to look forward to on the other side. Problem is having the patience to wait for God's perfect timing. It truly shouldn't be that difficult since it's in perfect timing but yet our weak fleshly ways keep us crying out for the changes to come much sooner. I know we as a couple struggle with this. 


So I guess what I'm getting at is that I understand how life can be a struggle beyond a measure you thought you'd never be able to deal with. You are not alone. I am there right alongside you but more importantly, God is there with you. Walking you through the hardest and biggest obstacles you may be facing right now. Don't give up, even though you feel like there is no other way, there is a way..... It's God's way! Look to the heavens, give thanks for the things he has provided and have hope for the things yet to come.

God Bless!



When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment