Tuesday, May 14, 2013

When God Comes Through


Hi Fam! Sorry it's been a few days since I've written a blog but I must tell you, I truly wait for God to implant something on my heart before I just start typing away. I allow the Holy Spirit to direct my blogs so when I'm a little on the quiet side, this is why. 

"After a storm comes a rainbow"

Going back almost 8 months ago I was given a few visions that were just amazing, especially considering the timing. If you go back and read "Double the Trouble and Double the Fun" you will see that I talked on visions that were provided to me during a very rough time in my marriage and one of those was the conception of our twin baby boys. The other which I'm going to spend a little bit of time talking about today is the vision of my husband and I providing "Christian marriage counselling" for those whom God sends our way. In regards to the "twin babies" vision, this one we are still waiting on patiently and staying faithful for. 

Anyway, I truly need to explain the depth of this Christian marriage counselling vision for you to grasp just how amazing our God is. So, 8 months ago my marriage was hit with one of the biggest storms I've ever been through to the point where I thought my marriage was going to end. I couldn't see a way that all things were going to workout for the greater good. One lonely night after the storm had hit, I couldn't sleep, my head was flooded with pesky images, thoughts and emotions. I was exhausted. I was broken and my world had been torn apart but in the midst of this emotional crisis, I began to see the first image as if I was watching a movie and it was the vision of our twin boys at the park with my husband. The next vision was of my husband and I providing Christian marriage counselling to other couples. The vision showed my husband and I sitting in our lounge room and across from us was another husband and wife scenario with the woman crying and the man trying to comfort her. All I could think was, "why am I seeing this?" "What is the purpose of this?" "This marriage is doomed, so why now God?" "Why are you showing me the children I will never have?" "Why am I seeing a vision of my husband and I counselling others?" These visions rushed through my head over and over again. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night, nor the following weeks to come. 

As time went by I wrestled with God, trying to understand why he would allow the devastations that happened to hit our marriage. I continuously spoke out to him saying things like "God, if you loved me then why would you allow this to happen?" "God, I don't want to be a marriage counsellor because that means I'm going to be reminded ALL the time of the past failures in my marriage." "Why do I have to do this?" The "why" questions flooded my mind for months and months on end. A part of me felt as if God had failed me as my father. It was truly a painful and ugly place to be in. Anyway, what I can tell you now, 8 months later is that God is sooo AMAZING! Not only is he healing my marriage and he's restored my husband and I back to our original image and value through the cross and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ but he's showing me, guiding me and teaching me how to accept my new found destiny. 

Over the last month, my husband and I have had a few couples reaching out to us, asking for Godly advice. Do you see the vision God planted on my heart 8 whole months ago is coming to life!! I'm not saying that we are qualified in an educated sense in this area however, we have walked through the valley of the shadow of death and we are out the other side but only through Christ who has given us strength. It's absolutely amazing. It's truly mind blowing. God truly sticks to his word. He is so faithful. 

I spoke on asking the Holy Spirit into your life during my "Tormented by the Past: 3rd and Final" blog and how I had the most beautiful and amazing revelation of God through the Holy Spirit. During my conversations with the Holy Spirit I asked him whether my husband and I should start studying "Christian Counselling" since this is the direction God wants us in. I explained my hesitation and that I don't get the sense that God wants me to because I have been wrestling with the idea of studying for sometime now. The Holy Spirit, giggled and said: "Renee, haven't you already been counselling others? If God wanted you to study you would have already been there. God can make ALL things come together for his eternal plan. Rely on him. Trust him and he will see to it that this all comes to light." Amazing right!?! Well, what can I say, it's begun! 

I can tell you, it hasn't been smooth sailing in the sense that there is still a part of me that "wishes" that this wasn't a part of my life because reliving past hurts can be so painful and frustrating. I know that one day I'm going to wake up and the past hurts are no longer going to have that nasty sting attached to them and that is the day I'm truly looking forward to. However, I also feel so privileged that God believes in my husband and I with these amazing peoples lives and helping them through their struggles. I find myself thinking, if only there were more people on the positive side of the spectrum coming to us so that we could do more on the preventative measure than the crisis mode stuff but I guess we all have a season or two of crisis mode. 

My point is that as long as we are truly relying on God he will come through for us. It may not look like how we want it to, it may not be in the time frame we desire but it will happen. If God has given you a word or a vision hold on tight to those things and NEVER let them go because God will provide for you as he is for me. Just keep your eyes set on God. Show him your dedication and do the things you can whilst waiting for him to come through with his promises. NEVER GIVE UP!


God Bless,




Storm Fighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment