Thursday, June 25, 2015

Surviving Adultery/Infidelity


Hi bloggers, 

Recently you may have noticed that I've been sharing a bit about the adultery that took place in my marriage and the healing my husband and I have had to endure. I wanted to share a link to a very special friend of mine who is another survivor of the devastation of infidelity that hit her marriage. You see, during the time my husband confessed I came across Tonya's blog about the infidelity that attacked her marriage and as broken as I was, it was so helpful to know that I wasn't alone. I felt it was a good time to post a link to her page in case your life has been hit with this tsunami and you don't know where to turn. I want to give you hope that you are not alone and that others have endured this before you including myself.  I personally didn't document like Tonya did but I did blog throughout the process as you will see if you go back to my very first blog in 2013. God wasn't telling me to outwardly share my testimony in a blog like he was with Tonya. The blog was more of a diary for me personally but as of more recent times God has shown me to be more direct with my blogs as I wasn't ready previously to come out and name the sin that had hit my marriage. If you go back over my blogs with knowing the adultery existed you will see my journey play out.

Throughout the bible you will see references to others who have committed adultery and Jesus has freed them and forgiven them from their sins. The other thing I really appreciate about Tonya's blog is that her husband (the one caught up in infidelity) shares a bit from his point of view and overcoming sexual sin through Christ Jesus. 






So, if you are the faithful spouse or the unfaithful spouse it is definitely worth reading through Tonya's blog series on Surviving Infidelity. I believe it will open the eyes of the unfaithful to the pain you have caused and truly show you the depth of hurt that your spouse maybe enduring but also the freedom in Jesus. For the faithful spouse you will spend hours sifting through Tonya's testimony and relating to almost every word. You will find comfort in knowing that you are not alone and you will find healing through Jesus through the many scriptures she provides. 



Follow the series closely and I believe God will bring restoration if it's meant to be, just like he did for my husband and I. 


Know that you are loved whether faithful or unfaithful and that what Jesus endured on the cross was for both of you so that you can live free from this devastation and find true healing.

We have all been unfaithful to God and we all have made mistakes. Jesus went to the cross because none of us are sinless but we can be redeemed and made new if we accept Jesus into our hearts. 

God bless you brothers and sisters, freedom is ahead!


Tonya's blog series: Surviving Infidelity
(Please click on the words "Surviving Infidelity" to go to her site.)




No comments:

Post a Comment