Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Life As We Know It

It has been quite sometime since I have written a blog and as I have a few spare minutes I thought I would update you all out there. So, we officially moved interstate to a very remote indigenous community as we felt God was leading us in this direction with many obvious hints along the way. I gained employment out here prior to leaving our home and it has been a once in a lifetime opportunity. My husband joined me 3 weeks later after my arrival as he had to finish up with work, house and getting every thing squared away. We have been back together for a month now and I have been here for almost 2 months, wow time flys. 

So, what can I tell you about this amazing, remote place? Well, first of all there are approximately 3000 people currently living here and of that 3000 only 300 are non-indigenous. For a change I'm part of the minority and honestly I quite like it that way! We have access to basic shops and we access them generally by foot. The main language spoken here is murrinh-patha which my husband and I are very interested in learning. We have learnt a few basic, key words but plan to extend on it. We are really enjoying getting to know the people and their unique culture. I can say that this experience  has been a huge eye opener for me. It truly puts something's in life into perspective. It has made me realise just how much we as westerners take for granted. 

All though I'm still struggling with parts of the past and at times losing sleep over it all, I realise it is the enemy attacking my mind because he truly doesn't want to see God succeed but we are praying and believing for our huge miracle so that we can finally be free from the hurt and pain once and for all. Our home life has had some seriously rough moments but we just love it out here and I'm settled in my soul that this is where we are meant to be. This is home and we are relying on God for our breakthrough. We are staying quite busy now which is keeping my mind occupied which doesn't leave room for the enemy as much which is great. We are staying strong together and we are definitely enjoying each other's company as we work together too, which we just love. Out here there is only a Catholic Church and all though we have visited just to experience it, we don't feel it's the right place for us as non denominational or closest to Pentecostal believer and followers as we are so we do church at home by reading the bible together, daily devotionals and podcasts so that has been a great help. 

All in all we are loving it out here and still just finding our feet but it's coming into wet season now so this will be interesting also. Well that's it for now so I will keep you posted when I get the chance.

God Bless, 


Missionary in the making!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment