Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Giving Thanks


The reason today's topic is about giving thanks is simply because all of us as Christians should be taking time to acknowledge the amazing work God has done in our lives. We as a society get so caught up on focusing on what we don't have, instead of what we do have. Now, I know from personal experience when things seem to be going terribly wrong in our lives it can be a struggle to find anything to be "thankful" for. Remember, Jesus died for you and I. He took all the sin of this world, the hurt and disfunction with him on the cross. It has been dealt with. I know it doesn't "feel" like it in the midst of the storm but we cannot rely on our feelings. They are indecisive and will run havoc in our lives if we let them. We need to stand firm in knowing that we are "God's chosen children". God loves you.... I mean it, GOD LOVES YOU! Never allow Satan to put it in your head to question God's love. You see that's Satan's plan. To plant the seed of doubt. REBUKE HIM! Put your focus on Jesus and leave it there. 

Today, I have a lot to be thankful for:
  • I'm thankful for God's love and dedication to my life.
  • I'm thankful that I'm saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. 
  • I'm thankful for God's gracious forgiveness for all my mistakes past, present and future. 
  • I'm thankful for God blessing me with an amazing husband who is such an amazing leader through Christ. 
  • I'm thankful for my husband's honesty and willingness to restore what was once broken. 
  • I'm thankful that I grew up with both of my parents and never had to guess what it'd be like to not have a father figure. 
  • I'm thankful for the life lessons they taught me along the way. 
  • I'm thankful for my older brothers who always did their best at protecting me. 
  • I'm thankful for the love that a family provides. 
  • I'm thankful for the Church family that are ever so welcoming.
  • I'm thankful for the many friends that have had an impact in my life in one way or another. Some for a short time and others for the long road. 
  • I'm thankful for the house God provided us that keeps us warm at night. 
  • I'm thankful for the clothes on my back and the food in my stomach. 
  • I'm thankful for the job he has provided my husband with to help pay for life's necessities. 
  • I'm thankful for our dog as she brings so much joy to our lives. (Even the small things count.) 
  • I'm thankful for the trials and tribulations that built up an exceeding amount of faith within me for my Heavenly Father. 
  • I'm also thankful that the trials and tribulations have shown me what I don't want in life as well. 
  • I'm thankful for the stronger, wiser and more christlike woman I'm becoming.
  • I'm thankful for God's future promises for my life. 
  • I'm thankful for restoration and healing of self in Jesus.
  • I'm thankful to know that my identity belongs in Christ and not of anything or anyone of this world. 
  • I'm thankful for the love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control that I've inherited by accepting Jesus into my life. 
  • I'm thankful that none of my problems are too big or too small for God and if I just TRUST in him, he will turn all things around for good. 

Philippians 4:6: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Psalm 7:17: "I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High."

James 1:17: Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

You see, even in the midst of a storm you can be thankful. I'm heading out of that deep dark valley that life sometimes likes to put you in. Had I of tried to do this list some months back I may of struggled. I know I could probably get around 3 things to be grateful for but now the list goes on. God is GREAT!

Word of advice, NEVER question God's love, NEVER give into Satan's sneaky ways and always TRUST in God. YOU ARE LOVED!!



God Bless You!





A Thankful Child of God!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right about needing to give thanks for the lives we have been given. I have taken for granted all the things most people would take for granted like being born in an affluent country. I did not do anything to earn the privileges I have and yet I will complain about all the things I do not have. Satan wants us to focus on what we do not have because we really have everything we could ever need. Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your response. May God continue to remind you of how blessed you are even through the trials. God is love!

    ReplyDelete